Magnificat Wellness Center offers comprehensive family medicine services to residents of Spring, Texas and the surrounding communities. From disease prevention to acute and chronic illness management, to everything in between, our physicians can help you find answers to a multitude of health concerns. Our commitment to comprehensive and compassionate patient care is bolstered by our philosophy of treating the whole person, not just the symptoms.
Our board certified physicians are skilled in the areas of family medicine, pediatrics and geriatrics. Our primary mission is to provide quality patient care in an environment that provides the highest level of courtesy and professionalism to our patients. We hope to respond to our patients’ needs with warmth, understanding and respect. We promise to provide a staff of knowledgeable, supportive, and caring personnel who are committed to excellence.
The screening and management of acute and chronic diseases is a cornerstone of primary health care. It usually isn’t necessary to see a specialist as 85% of diseases and conditions can be managed by your internal or family medicine physician at Magnificat Wellness Center.
- GERD and Stomach Disorders
- Heart Disease
- Headache Disorders
- Migraine Headaches
- Tension Headaches
At Magnificat Wellness Center, we advocate the benefits of preventative medicine to support proactive healthy living, rather than reactive medical treatments. Many people only go to the doctor when they’re injured or feeling sick. However, the team at MWC can prescribe a program designed to keep patients healthy, including annual checkups, routine health screenings, immunizations and other tests. Each preventative service is dependent upon your sex, age, medical history and family history.
Some common examples of preventative medicine are as follows:
- Cholesterol Screening and Treatment
- Health Screenings and Testing
- Osteoporosis Screening and Testing
- Annual Health Checkups
- Regular Measurements of Height, Weight, Heart Rate and Blood Pressure
- General Health Tests and Health Screenings
- Stool Sample
- Blood Work
- Cholesterol Testing
- STD Testing
- Advice about Lifestyle Choices (diet, exercise, tobacco, alcohol and drug use)
- Consultation on Stress and Accident Prevention
- Injury Prevention and Safe Lifestyle Choices
- Immunizations (“shots”)
- Special Tests at Certain Times in Your Life (during pregnancy and at 50)
- Osteoporosis Testing (women over 65 or younger if at risk)
- Review of Pap Test or Mammogram (women of certain age, risk factors and lifestyle)
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
When things get bumped, cut, scraped, splintered or sprained, Magnificat Wellness Center can stitch, wrap or bandage things up. When patients ask; Is it a sprain or a break? Stitches or just a butterfly bandage? Is that sunburn of the second degree?
- Allergic reactions
- Insect bites
- Minor burns
- Minor surgery
- Splinter removal
- Sprains and minor injuries
- Stitches, sutures, wound closures
- Wound care
The team at Magnificat Wellness Center is equally skilled in delivering excellent primary medical care, as well as being compassionate and understanding to the multitude of physical and emotional situations our patients face. Now that we are living longer and enjoying a more active lifestyle, certain health concerns need to be addressed—beyond the annual checkup and routine screenings and tests.
Some elder care health topics that can be treated and carefully addressed with the team at MWC include:
- Preventive Care
- Staying Healthy with Diet and Exercise
- Recommended Screenings and Tests
- Mental Health
- Common Conditions Assessment and Treatment
- Active Living and Lifestyle Choices
- End of Life Care
Every year, Magnificat Wellness Center protects the health of our patients by offering flu shots, as well as other immunizations recommended by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Though many immunizations are required by law for entrance into certain schools, organized sports and professional organizations, as well as some international travel destinations, there is debate over one vaccine that is invaluable. One of the most beneficial vaccines is the flu shot, which protects against influenza, a viral infection in the nose, throat and lungs. About 10% to 20% of Americans get the flu each year. Some people can get very sick from the flu. Each year, about 200,000 people go to a hospital with the flu, and 36,000 people die because of the flu and complications.
The flu may cause fever, cough, sore throat, a runny or stuffy nose, headache, muscle aches and tiredness. Most people feel better after 1 or 2 weeks, but for some people, the flu can lead to serious diseases, such as pneumonia..
The influenza vaccine can help protect the following from getting the flu:
- Children 6 months to 19 years’ old
- Adults 50 years and older
- Women who are or will be pregnant during the flu season
- People who are living in nursing homes or long-term-care facilities
- Individuals who have long-term health problems
- Health care workers who have direct contact with patients
- Caregivers and those with contact to children less than 6 months
Magnificat Wellness Center performs minor office procedures, alleviating the need for costly and time-consuming trips to the emergency department or walk-in clinic. Is it just a bump or a bruise? Is this fatigue? Or swollen glands? Why won’t this cough go away? Am I seeing spots or feeling chills? Is my hearing going or is it just a wax buildup? Is that pinkeye? Poison Ivy? Whatever medical concerns and questions you have, MWC can provide the answers and treatment required.
From the common cold with that relentless cough to that worrisome stomachache or that questionable rash, the team at Magnificat Wellness Center can tend to those minor medical needs, so patients can be on the mend and on their way.
- Incision and Drainage of abscess and sebaceous cysts
- Laceration repair
- Joint injections including Synvisc One knee injections for arthritis
- Shave and Punch Skin Biopsies
- Cryotherapy (freezing) of warts and precancerous lesions
- Prolia injections for osteoporosis
- Epley maneuver for vertigo
- Fluoroscein Eye Exam for corneal abrasions
- Pap smears
- A1C, Glucose and PT/INR
- Ear lavage for wax build-up
- STREP Test
- Urine Pregnancy test
Before the school bell rings or the referee blows the whistle, the phone at Magnificat Wellness Center will ring with the calls from local students and athletes getting ready to hit the books and the field. Most schools and organized sports teams require annual physical exams prior to acceptance.
Besides the usual well-visit physical exam, the team at MWC encourages the following health care measurements:
- Evaluate growth, height, weight, and body mass development index
- Ensure immunizations are up to date
- Talk about health problems or injuries
- Review medications currently taking
- Check blood pressure
- Discuss family history and order any related lab tests
- Test for hearing or vision problems
- Screen and monitor behavioral or emotional issues i.e. depression or attention deficit disorder
- Discuss age-relevant lifestyle topics (puberty, sex, drugs)
- Provide preventive care (guidance if overweight or sexually active)
Men and women have different health care, screening and testing needs depending on their age, lifestyle, medical history and family history. The team at Magnificat Wellness Center will help keep all patients on track with recommended annual health checkups and routine health screenings. Everyone is different, but one thing always remains the same, MWC promises excellence in primary health care.
- Preventive Care
- Annual Health Checkups
- Routine Health Screenings
- Flu Shots
- Diet and Exercise Assessment